THE STORY OF ORGANIC GOLD- VERMICOMPOST
200 tons of Farm waste used to produce 100 ton of Vermicompost
Vermicomposting is an eco-friendly, low cost effective way to recycle agricultural and dairy waste. The application of vermicompost not only adds plant nutrients and growth regulators but also increases soil water retention, microbial population, and carbon content of the soil. The earthwormEiseniafoetida is one of the most common species used in vermicomposting.
Aspee foundation also has its own 2 vermicomposting units at Tansa Farm in Palghar District. Every year after harvesting of paddy ARDF gets near about 100 tons of paddy straw. Aspee Foundation sale 70% of paddy straw and remaining 30% kept for dairy animal’s as a fodder. Every time after feeding dairy animal’s kept ¼ th portions of straw as a waste. This waste is used as a raw material in vermicomposting. Near about 10 tons paddy straw waste is used in vermicomposting at Tansa Farm.
ASPEE Foundation also prune Mango, Sapotaand Guava orchards every year. The branches of these orchards after drying were shredded by using shredding machine. This grinded material is also used for vermicomposting.
Every year by using above agricultural waste like paddy straw, shredded orchid branches and dairywaste like cow dung,Aspee foundation producing more than 100 tons of vermicompost which is used only at our farm in different orchards and fields.